Safeguarding at Christ Church
We take the care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously and work hard to ensure that we operate in line with current best practice, as recommended by the Diocese of London and the Church of England.
We believe the care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults who are involved in church activities is the responsibility of the whole Church. Everyone who participates in the life of the Church has a role to play in promoting a Safer Church for all.
The PCC of Christ Church adopts the Safeguarding Policy Statement of the Church of England that was agreed and published by the House of Bishops in 2017 as summarised in the Promoting a Safer Diocese policy document from the Diocese of London in November 2018. The policy makes six overarching policy commitments:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Our Safeguarding Policy
You can see the Safeguarding Policy Statement here.
If you would like more information or have any concerns please speak to a member of staff or contact any of these people:
- Safeguarding Officer - Caiti Woodroofe
- Children's Champion - James Kight
- Churchwardens - Marc Doring & Carrie Dow.
Other Helpful Contact Information
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers
Thirtyone:Eight’s 24-hour helpline - 0303 003 1111
Family Lives - 0808 800 222
Childline - 0800 1111
Safeguarding help in the City of Westminster
Duty Child Protection Advisor:
- Telephone: 020 7641 7668
- Email: AccesstoChildrensServices@westminster.gov.uk
- Email: LADO@westminster.gov.uk
- Website - https://bit.ly/30EpOp6
- More Contacts: https://bit.ly/2LuitFg
- Emergency / out-of-hours team - 020 7641 6000
Adult Social Care Team:
- Telephone: 020 7641 1444 or 020 7641 1175
- Text Message: 07944 521615
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://bit.ly/2GjReJn
Domestic Abuse help
National Centre for Domestic Violence - free, fast emergency injunction service.